Real-Time Hand Hygiene compliance by Excelion
Hand Hygiene Compliance practice is the single most effective way to reduce hospital acquired infections (HAI) – one of the leading causes of preventable deaths globally. Excelion’s RFID technology-based system is a comprehensive and efficient way to monitor compliance automatically.
What are Hospital Acquired Infections?
HAI stands for Hospital Acquired Infection, Healthcare Associated Infection or Nosocomial Infection. Simply put, an HAI is an infection that a patient acquires while receiving medical treatment at a healthcare facility.
- • 4th leading cause of death in North America
- • HAIs Kill more people than car accidents, AIDS and breast cancer combined
- • 2 million HAIs per year in North America; 99,000 deaths
- • 7% -10% of all U.S. patients contract an HAI while in hospital
- • Patients 5x more likely to die in Hospital due to HAI
- • Billions of dollars in added healthcare costs
Excelion can help cut infection rates in half.